The Habitat Foundation is offering Travel Grants for Malaysian graduate students and early career researchers in the field of biodiversity conservation and conservation biology to participate in training workshops, forums, conferences, and other relevant gatherings which would enable them to engage with their peers, present their work, and strengthen their practice.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Recipients of a THF Travel Grant must acknowledge support from the Habitat Foundation for enabling them to attend and should include an acknowledgement of this support in their presentation as well as any proceedings and publications arising from the meeting.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Applicants may apply to have these costs covered up to a value of only RM2,500 for conferences in the Asian region.
- Grants of up to RM5,000 may be given to attend other international meetings, however, these are rarely given out and there would need to be strong justification for this.
- Students currently working on doctoral or postdoctoral research, early career researchers, conservation practitioners (including those from NGOs or CBOs), and government staff working in relevant fields are encouraged to apply.
- The Travel Grant may be used to cover registration fees, workshop costs, per diem, travel and accommodation.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Priority will be given to those applicants that have been accepted to present, address, or participate as a discussant at regional or international forums and meetings.
- The meeting as well as the proposed presentation topic by the applicant will be evaluated in terms of its quality and significance to conservation.
- Priority will be given to those applicants that would not be able to attend without financial support.
Applicants should provide a cover letter addressed to the Executive Secretary of the Habitat Foundation. Please include the following details:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Information on the meeting you would like to attend.
- Information on the session you will be presenting at or participating in (e.g. panel, roundtable, workshop).
- Relevance of the meeting to your research or work.
- Some information on your efforts to obtain Travel Grants thus far.
- Please complete the Application Form with your personal information and sign the declaration.
- Please also get the support from your academic supervisor or work supervisor to endorse your application.
For more information, visit https://habitatfoundation.org.my/grants-2/travel-grants/