The Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens (BKMC) is pleased to announce the applications for Online Executive Training: Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation, a virtual educational and capacity-building program that fosters the leadership of African young women to induce and realize sustainable solutions that build resilience to the changing climate by fostering knowledge on climate adaptation, elevating leadership skills and connecting professional networks.
After a successful first cycle, the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens (BKMC) and Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) are proud to roll out the second iteration of the Online Executive Training – Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation with the objective to empower young women to unleash their full potential in driving climate change adaptation solutions.
Over the course of 20 weeks the selected women will enhance their knowledge on climate adaptation, elevate their leadership skills, and connect with professional networks. The participants will experience a blended learning approach combining group live sessions on Zoom and self-learning tools such as videos, audio recordings, text resources, links, quizzes, and assignments.
Are you dedicated to climate action and have a passion for solving environmental challenges?
- Are you a young woman between 20 and 35 years old?
- Are you a national from Ethiopia, Malawi, Namibia, Senegal, Cameroon or Morocco?
- Do you have upper-intermediate English language skills?
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or higher with an academic background in international relations, political science, (environmental) engineering, natural sciences, humanities, agriculture, international development, economics, law or social sciences?
- The training targets 30 young women, ages 20 to 35 from Ethiopia, Malawi, Namibia, Senegal, Cameroon, and Morocco.
- Starting date: 08.05.2023
For more information, visit Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation.