Deadline: 30 June 2020
The Save Our Seas Foundation (SOSF) has announced the Keystone Grants to support all scientists, conservationists and educators with original and innovative projects which target a clearly defined question or conservation issue.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Save Our Seas Foundation (SOSF) offers a series of grants dedicated to research, conservation and education projects worldwide. Projects should integrate at least two of these components and focus on charismatic marine megafauna, particularly sharks, rays and skates.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Grants average 25,000 USD per annum.
- The usual project duration is limited to three years.
- The funding cycle is biennial, with the grant application window opening in even years (2020, 2022, 2024 etc.), and the grant covering the period from March 2021 to June 2022, for example. Funds are allocated on an annual basis, with the option to apply for continued funding every year.
- The Save Our Seas Foundation (SOSF) is committed to protecting our oceans by funding and supporting research, conservation and education projects worldwide, focusing primarily on charismatic threatened wildlife and their habitats. Only projects concerned with marine chondrichthyan species (sharks, rays, skates, sawfishes and chimaeras) will be considered.
- A special call for 2020 applications is aimed at supporting projects that promote the recovery of sawfishes, wedgefish and guitarfish. However, any chondrichthyan projects are welcomed.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The Keystone Grant application process consists of a two-stage online application:
- Stage I involves completing a short online form, equivalent to 4-6 pages.
- Stage II, by invitation only based on the Stage I application, will involve the completion of a longer and more detailed online form, equivalent to 10-12 pages.
- It is the policy of the SOSF to provide, where practicable, a degree of continuing support to the projects it is funding; the leaders of such projects may be invited by the SOSF to complete an application for a continuation grant in the coming year.
- Only one application will be accepted from any one applicant.
- If a project leader has an SOSF Keystone Grant, he/she cannot apply for a new grant.
- All applications will be reviewed by the SOSF scientific committee and require final approval from the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
For more information, visit https://saveourseas.com/applications-for-our-keystone-grants-are-now-open/
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.