The Hanns Seidel Foundation is accepting proposals for its Projects of development cooperation in India (incl. South Asia) starting January 2024 to 2026.
Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung India (HSS) is a German foundation engaged in political development cooperation, supporting projects aimed at achieving policy level impact. HSS works at the local, national and international level in India.
This is a call for proposals by Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung India for projects of development cooperation in India and South Asia for a maximum period of three years from 2024 to 2026.
Areas of Work
- Promoting effective federal governance
- Resource / Water federalism
- Cooperative federalism between sub-national entities
- Effective local governance and decentralised service delivery, improved decentralised structures
- Good Governance, Strengthening participation in governance structures
- Scientific discourse on federalism in South Asia / India / globally
- Effective inter-state and centre-state relations
- Fostering Regional and International Cooperation
- Political exchange
- Cooperative Disaster Risk Reduction, regional water cooperation
- Strengthening dialogue exchange between India and South Asia/ Southeast Asia
- EU-India relations and Germany-India relations
- Cooperation between South Asia and Europe
- Training and cooperation of administration
- Youth engagement in politics
- Access to Justice
- Police Cooperation, citizen-friendly policing
- Witness protection
- Legal empowerment
- Equitable access to justice & rights
- Mental health and wellbeing for police officers
- Effective implementation of environmental laws
- Enhancing Climate Action
Please Note: This call for proposals is not limited to the abovementioned topics. The Foundation welcomes applications from other areas as well, such as digital literacy, peace-building, economic cooperation and political development.
Supported Types of Activity
- No type of activity or format is excluded; combinations are welcome. The following list gives examples of formats HSS has funded in the past. The inclusion of modern formats is encouraged.
- Workshops, trainings or other capacity-building activities
- Round table discussions, conferences, online seminars et al.
- Printed or digital information material (newsletters/blogs/vlogs, podcasts, movies, comics, flyers, plays)
- Competitions, gamification, interactive plays, mock assemblies
- Studies, scientific publications
- Social enterprise concepts
- Software, apps, websites, exchange / learning platforms
- Only a limited number of proposals can be approved for the period from 2024 to 2026. All proposals will be measured by equal standards.
For more information, visit https://india.hss.de/news/call-for-proposals-news9397/