- Ph.D. candidates and recent graduates (within three years of Ph.D. completion) from Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply for the World Bank Group-Africa Fellowship Program.
- World Bank Group-Africa Fellows will spend six months getting hands-on experience at World Bank Group headquarters in Washington D.C. or country offices
- Fellows will work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank Group’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
- Phase I: A short-list of candidates will be made available for hire for the different units of the WBG depending on the applicants’ specialization. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
- Phase II: The final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status. Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2022.
For more information, visit https://www.worldbank.org/en/region/afr/brief/world-bank-group-africa-fellowship-program