Deadline: 27 January 2017
The African Centre for Media Excellence (ACME) is currently seeking applications from Ugandan journalists for a fellowship programme Covering Land. This four month, two-part fellowship is designed to equip journalists with skills to produce in depth investigative land-themed stories from Uganda.
The fellowship, organized by the African Centre for Media Excellence with support from the Ford Foundation, was designed after a two-year pilot programme that provided journalists with skills and knowledge to report on land. This new programme offers journalists an opportunity to take time out from the newsroom to enhance their investigative journalism skills while engaging in high quality, high impact land beat reporting.
The training will focus on both craft and content. Through story production mentoring, discussions with top journalism trainers, land experts and policy makers, participants will be well-grounded in the current land issues, laws and the status of land reform. They will acquire up-to-date knowledge on new and recurring land pressures and learn how to report these in broader contexts and policy debates.
They will also develop story sources and ideas and the capacity to examine the wide-ranging ramifications of land laws and the efficiency of land governing institutions.
Theme: Covering and property rights
- The symposium is open to all print, television, radio and online journalists who work in Uganda and have no less than three years experience in journalism.
- Applications from journalists who have participated in training at ACME in the last 12 months will not be considered at this time.
- Participants will be selected on the quality of their application, the strength of their story pitch and on the basis of previous reporting on land.
- Applicants are expected to negotiate for time away from their places of work. ACME will not pay a per diem to participants, but will fund transport and accommodation costs for successful candidates from outside Kampala.
- All participants are required to attend in full all courses in the fellowship.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via given website.
Eligible Country: Uganda
For more information, please visit ACME.