Deadline: 1 March 2017
With the International Climate Protection Fellowships, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is seeking leaders in academia and industry to implement a research-based proposal in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation during a one-year stay in Germany.
The global challenge posed by climate change can only be met by cross-border international collaborations. By enabling future decision-makers and multipliers to share knowledge, methods and techniques with specialist colleagues in Germany the programme promotes this objective, particularly by taking account of issues relating to practical applicability in the fellows’ own countries. The programme thus drives the development of long-term contacts and collaborations with colleagues in Germany
- a monthly fellowship of between €2,150 and €2,650, depending on qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a three-week introductory phase, during which you will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
Applicants must be:
- a future leader from a non-European transition or developing country
- active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change
- interested in spending a year working with a host of your choice in Germany on a research-based project you have developed yourself in the field of climate protection and climate-related resource conservation
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given address.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China PR of, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep. of, Congo, Rep. of the, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d’lvoire, Cuba, Dominica, Dominica Republic, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. PR of, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. States, Morocco, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Pakistan, Palestinian territories, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sychelles, Sierra Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit this link.