Deadline: 1 March 2019
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is seeking applications for its International Climate Protection Fellowships for young climate experts from developing countries.
The fellowships enables prospective leaders in academia and industry to implement a research-based proposal in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation during a one-year stay in Germany.
Up to 20 International Climate Protection Fellowships are granted annually, funded under the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety’s (BMUB) International Climate Initiative.
The global challenge posed by climate change can only be met by cross-border international collaborations. By enabling future decision-makers and multipliers to share knowledge, methods and techniques with specialist colleagues in Germany the programme promotes this objective, particularly by taking account of issues relating to practical applicability in the fellows’ own countries. The programme thus drives the development of long-term contacts and collaborations with colleagues in Germany.
- a monthly fellowship of between €2,150 and €2,650, depending on applicants qualifications
- individual mentoring during applicants stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying applicant, travel expenses or a German language course
- a three-week introductory phase, during which applicant will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help applicant sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during applicants entire professional career
Applicants must be-
- are a future leader from a non-European transition or developing country
- are active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change
- are interested in spending a year working with a host of applicants choice in Germany on a research-based project applicant have developed theirself in the field of climate protection and climate-related resource conservation
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.