Deadline: 24 February 2017
The Earth Journalism Network, with support from the Arcadia Foundation is inviting working journalists for its fellowship program “International Congress for Conservation Biology (ICCB)”.
The workshop will provide participants with an overview of biodiversity issues and conservation solutions, as well as tips for reporting on these topics and for navigating the Congress. During the Congress, fellows will have opportunities for special briefings with key figures in the field of biodiversity conservation.
Selected participants will attend a day-long workshop before spending five days at the ICCB developing sources and story ideas, networking with other journalists, and reporting on news from conservation organisations, governments and researchers.
- Working journalists, particularly those from developing countries are eligible to apply.
- Prerequisites for Applicants:
- To commit to attend all days of the fellowship. This requires arrival in Colombia by 21 July and departure no earlier than 28 July
- To be willing to share a hotel room with another Fellow
- To have a record of reporting on scientific and/or environmental topics
- To be fluent in English
- To produce stories for your home media organizations as a result of your attendance at the Congress and be willing to post copies of them on the earthjournalism.net website.
- A letter from your editor or media outlet supporting your application (freelancers are welcome but must have a letter of support from a media organization that will publish or broadcast your stories)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Earth Journalism Network.