Deadline: 1 May 2016
The International City/County Management Association (ICMA), with funding from the U.S. Department of State is currently inviting applicants for its Environmental Sustainability Professional Fellows Program.
The program focuses particularly on environmental sustainability challenges in their communities, specifically on climate change, sustainable energy and environmental justice.
- To enhance the professionalism, leadership, and performance of the Fellows and, ultimately, the responsiveness and accountability of the institutions they represent.
- To facilitate a lasting global network of East Asia Pacific and U.S. Fellows as a platform for collaboration, information sharing, knowledge exchange, and a forum to discuss leading practices.
- International and domestic flights and local transfers.
- J-1 visa.
- Health benefit Insurance (does not cover pre-existing conditions).
- Meals stipend,$1,200 USD for entire length of program.
- Be a citizen or resident of one of the participating countries (mentioned below}.
- Currently living and working in his/her home country (Individuals participating in academic, training or research programs in the United States at the time of application and individuals residing or working outside their home countries at the time of application are not eligible for this program).
- Ideal candidates will be between the ages of 25 and 35 at the time of application.
- Committed to returning to his/her home country after completion of the program.
- Able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa (Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored or funded by the U.S. Government and who have not fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement by the time of application are not eligible for this program).
- Be a college graduate (equivalent of a bachelor’s degree or higher).
- Have relevant experience in and commitment to a career in the public sector in his/her home country.
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- Have approval from his/her current employer to take a leave of absence for 5.5 weeks.
- Able to adapt to new environment surroundings and challenges.
- Proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the application form via given website.
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
For more information, please visit Fellows Program.
i hope, Indonesia get reliable researchers..
Thank you very much for your kind words. You can find more good opportunities and programmes at https://www.fundsforngos.org/
We are setting up a company to clean the water in cities and villages , rivers and canals and lakes.
We need help and support.
We want to do this for the nature , the species of plants and animals.
but also for the health of the people.
We start in singapore and thailand .
But we like to do that in whole southeastasia
Hello kees Koot,
We appreciate your concern towards environment. You can find a good range of opportunities and programmes at https://www.fundsforngos.org/