Applications are now open for the International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) Fellowship Program to provide emerging and mid-career performing arts professionals with the opportunity to expand their international networks through membership and attendance at ISPA Congresses.
Participants join the ISPA membership and participate in the New York ISPA Congress, where they engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world’s most significant presenting organizations, performing arts organizations, artist management agencies, cultural policy groups, foundations, festivals and related professionals.
This opportunity is intended for those working in the management of the professional performing arts. Performing arts professionals who are deeply committed to increasing the global connectivity of the performing arts industry, as well as those who take initiative in their own professional development, are most likely to benefit. In considering applying, please be aware that the ISPA Congress is not a traditional arts market and opportunities for self-promotion are limited.
- The Fellowship consists of four components:
- Membership in ISPA
- Fellows gain access to all ISPA member benefits including year-round online programming (ISPAconvenes and Genius Bar) and exclusive content on the ISPA website and newsletters.
- ISPA Congress
- Fellows participate in the New York ISPA Congress where they get the opportunity to engage in the development and exchange of ideas with an extensive global community of arts leaders.
- Fellows Seminar
- Fellows participate in Fellows-specific programming. This programming aims to cement a Fellows network through a series of peer to peer conversations and workshops
- Ongoing Networking
- Fellows are paired with a current ISPA member as part of ISPA’s Community Building Program. Current members welcome Fellows to ISPA and help facilitate their participation
- Membership in ISPA
- Fellows receive:
- One-year ISPA membership with access to all member benefits
- Full Pass registration to the New York 2024 ISPA Congress (January 9 – 11, 2024)
- Travel subsidy which may include per diem, flights, and accommodation to support expenses related to attending the congress
- Introduction to a current ISPA member who will welcome the Fellow to ISPA and help facilitate their participation as part of ISPA’s Community Building Program
- The Global Fellowship Program seeks to engage leaders working in the management of all professional performing arts. ISPA accepts applicants from all regions of the world, with particular attention paid to applicants from developing economies.
- Applicants must:
- Be currently employed/working in the professional performing arts
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in the performing arts field
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Have received no more than two ISPA Global Fellowships in the past
Please note: For the purpose of ISPA’s Global Fellowship, the professional performing arts includes individuals working principally in the management of the arts and culture sector either with organizations/institutions or as independent producers/managers. Generally those working within academia, education, community organizations, and independent artists are not eligible.
For more information, visit ISPA.