Deadline: 12 November 2019
Welcome Trust is seeking applications for its Senior Research Fellowships that support independent researchers who want to tackle the most important questions in science and who are leaders in their field.
- A Senior Research Fellowship is for up to seven years. After this time, applicants can apply for one renewal of up to 5 years.
- The fellowship may be held on a part-time basis.
- The award includes:
- a basic salary (determined by applicants host organisation)
- a fellowship supplement of £12,500 if applicants are paid on a non-clinical salary scale
- personal removal expenses
- research expenses, including research staff
- Applicants can apply for a Senior Research Fellowship if applicants are already leading applicants own independent research programme. The programme of work applicants propose must be innovative and ambitious.
- Applicants should have a higher degree (PhD or equivalent) and significant research experience.
- Applicants should be able to show:
- Applicants work is important, original and has impact
- Applicants have made important contributions to applicants area of research, eg publications, patents, software development or an impact on health policy or practice
- Applicants are developing an international reputation as a research leader in applicants field
- Applicants are committed to developing and mentoring less experienced researchers.
- Applicants must have sponsorship from a head of department or equivalent at an eligible host organisation. The applicants host organisation must be located in one of the following:
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/schemes/senior-research-fellowships