Deadline: 15 May 2017
Foreign Policy Interrupted’s Fellowship program is currently accepting applications and is targeted to diversifying voices and opinions in the foreign policy space.
The educational module runs for six weeks online, for one-hour each week. While fifth fellowship cycle will start at the beginning of June 2017.
The program has two core components:
- An educational module that includes media training, a guide to understanding the media, and brand building
- A non-resident “externship” with a major media outlet. Fellows will work with a given outlet and editor to better understand the inner workings of a news organization; and to develop the fellow’s portfolio and voice around her expertise
- FPI’s Fellows Program is open to women 25 and older with a clear commitment and passion for foreign policy and international affairs.
- This is not a program for those “breaking into” foreign policy. While early-career fellows are welcomed, this program is best-suited to mid-career and late-career foreign policy experts. The program is open to academics, entrepreneurs, journalists, students, and business professionals. The program is open to both US citizens and non-US citizens, fluent in English.
- Upon the start of the fellowship in June 2017, applicants must be available for six weeks, for an hour each week.
- A commitment to foreign policy is not an interest or hobby, but demonstrated engagement in foreign policy matters and/or a foreign policy matter. Demonstrated engagement is work in the field.
- Applicants for an FPI Fellowship ideally have at least three years of full-time professional experience. For interruptors on an academic track, applicants must have completed their master’s degree.
- While, it is encouraged that applicants have already authored pieces or appeared as commenters on radio or television, such experience is not required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- CV, citing presence on social media, if applicable (#2017)
- A video clip, no more than a minute, of you commenting on your expertise. This video should be recorded specifically for the application. Videos shot on mobile devices are fine.
- In no more than 1000 words, tell us how an FPI fellowship fits into your career path
- Two published writing samples, if applicable
- List two people who can speak about your qualifications and provide their contact information
All materials must be submitted via email.
For more information, please visit FPI Fellowship.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, the Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia , Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, United Republic of Tanzania, Thailand , Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zimbabwe