Deadline: 31 October 2016
The Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism at Ohio State University is seeking innovative journalists with a strong desire to reboot their digital skills. Selected Fellows will spend a week at Ohio State’s main campus in Columbus, immersed in hands-on training led by national experts.
The focus of the program lies on using digital and social media to build a stronger following, develop new sources and enhance fellows’ reporting. Topics include social media for reporting, branding and audience engagement, spreadsheets and data visualization, smartphone videography and media ethics.
- The Kiplinger Fellowship will cover hotel accommodations for the week, provide many meals and a tuition-free week of immersive digital training.
- Fellows (or their news organizations) will be responsible for arranging and paying for transportation to and from Columbus.
- For journalists working outside the United States, limited travel stipends will be available, based on financial need.
- Journalists need at least five years of professional experience to apply (yes, internships count).
- International journalists are welcome to apply.
- All training will be conducted in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit:
- A short bio (maximum of 150 words).
- A short explanation of how the Kiplinger Fellowship would benefit you and your newsroom (maximum of 200 words).
- Web links to three recent stories that showcase your talent.
- Two references who know your work well (name, title, organization, email, phone).
Applications must be submitted online via given address.
For more information, please visit Kiplinger Fellowship Program.