Deadline: 15 November 2016
Applications are open for ARThinkSouthAsia Fellowship 2017-18 that is designed to help develop skills, knowledge, networks and experience of potential leaders in the arts and cultural sector of South Asia.
The Fellowship is supported by Goethe-Institut, British Council, and the Piramal Art Foundation.
15 Fellows will be selected from across South Asia.
The Fellowship includes:
- A two‐week residential course in India in May 2017: This includes intensive modules in Strategic Planning, Cultural Policy, Marketing and Communications, Fundraising, HR, and Finance. These modules will be led by a mix of Indian and international professional trainers and academics, and will be supplemented by expert guest lectures. Participation in the residential programme is mandatory.
- A 30-day secondment with a cultural institution in Germany/UK/South Asia over the year 2017-18.
- A concluding seminar in May 2018. (to be confirmed)
- Applications from practitioners working across a wide range of arts and cultural activity, as also from those who are working outside it who demonstrate knowledge, understanding and passion for arts and culture are welcome. Artists and persons with unconventional careers and experiences are also invited to apply.
- Each participant is required to apply with an ongoing project. This could be part of an existing cultural organisation, or an independent project. The residential course is oriented to effective management and growth of arts organisations. The applicant’s proposal should highlight the needs of his/her organisation/project for building an efficient and sustainable organisation. The applicants are encouraged to describe the project in as much detail as possible to allow for an understanding of the scope of the project and skills they need to develop for its successful implementation.
- Curatorial and research projects are not applicable for this fellowship.
- Shortlisted candidates may be called for a phone interview before selection.
- In additional
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the arts/culture sector
- Submission of an on‐going arts/culture project
- Open to residents of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Iran, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka only.
How to Apply
Applicants can complete the application form OR email the completed pdf form along with their supporting documents at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Iran, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
For more information, please visit ARThinkSouthAsia Fellowship 2017-18.