The Public Diplomacy Section of the U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the recruitment of candidates for the academic year 2022-2023 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program. This fellowship program brings accomplished mid-level professionals to the United States for a year of academic and professional work. Fellowships awarded under the Humphrey Fellowship Program are subject to the availability of funding.
Human and Institutional Capacity
- Economic Development
- Finance & Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
Rights and Freedoms
- Communications and Journalism
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons Policy & Prevention
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV&AIDS, Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
Eligibility for Humphrey Fellowship Programs:
- Applicant must be a Lao citizen.
- Applicant must be age 40 or under.
- Demonstrate commitment to public service and the potential for professional advancement.
- Applicant must have at least five years full-time professional experiences in the relevant field.
- Applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least four years of full-time study and a superior academic record.
- Applicant must have an interest in the policy aspects of their field of specialization.
- Applicant must be proficient in English. Proficiency in the English language is measured by a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 71 or 6.0 IELTS. Those who do not have the English score will be invited to take the English Screening test at the American Center.
- Applicant must demonstrate the required experience, skills, and commitment while also indicating how they can benefit from this program in ways that they have not experienced prior.
For more information, visit https://la.usembassy.gov/education-culture/scholarships/humphrey-fellowship-program/