Deadline: 18 October 2016
The Wageningen UR Centre for Development Innovation (CDI) invites applications for its intensive course on Horticulture Sector Development for Emerging Markets from 15 May 2017 until 2 June 2017 in the Netherlands.
Modern production practices, value addition activities, value chain governance, viable market channels and a conducive enabling environment are some of the key factors for successful horticultural value chains. If properly enhanced, value chains can bring about opportunities for business development, profit and income generation, employment creation, food and nutrition security and GDP growth.
This course gives access to the latest insights of world leading Dutch knowledge organisations and private companies from the horticulture sector and covers the complete horticulture value chain. The programme specifically addresses the following aspects:
- Broad expertise on horticultural production, both protected and open field;
- The importance of post-harvest, quality and logistics processes;
- Insights in domestic and international market systems;
- In-depth knowledge on socio-economic aspects of horticultural value chains;
- Value chain analysis, management principles and integrated strategies for horticultural development
- Attention to international standards for good agricultural practices and quality issues in international trade;
- Insight in the relevant international institutional and policy developments, as well as the relevance to your own country;
- Understanding of the role of multi-stakeholder processes in developing vibrant markets.
- Participants must be technical staff, policymakers, scientists, private sector professionals and programme / project managers who want to develop the horticultural sector in their home countries, to enrol.
- Participants must be proficient in English, and have at least a BSc degree or an equivalent academic qualification and five years of work experience in a related field.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register themselves in order to apply.
NFP Countries: Afghanistan, Mali, Albania, Nepal, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Armenia, Nicaragua, Benin, Myanmar (Burma), Bolivia, Pakistan, Bhutan, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Peru, Burundi, Palestinian Territories, Cambodia, Philippines, Colombia, Rwanda, Cuba, Senegal, Djibouti, Somalia, DR Congo, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, South Africa, Egypt, Sudan, Ghana, South Sudan, Eritrea, Suriname, India, Tanzania, Georgia, Thailand, Indonesia, Uganda, Guatemala, Zambia, Kenya, Vietnam, Jordan, Zimbabwe, Yemen, Macedonia, Mongolia
For more information, please visit Horticulture Sector Development for Emerging Markets.
Apply for the course here.