Deadline: 18 October 2016
The Wageningen UR Centre for Development Innovation (CDI) invites applications for its training course on Milking to potential from 15 May 2017 until 26 May 2017 in the Netherlands. This 2 weeks course will enable participants in designing and implementing dairy development strategies in emerging economies.
The course will use a mix of lectures, discussions, group work and field trips to offer background, theoretical foundations, as well as practical approaches for production and market development. The dairy sector of both the EU and the global south economies will be considered in the lectures. Taking the participants’ own situation as a starting point, we will analyse the current condition, explore options that are already available for further development and design new dairy systems in a responsible manner.
Upon completion of the course applicant will:
- have a clear picture of the multiple aspects of dairy systems, their relation with markets and the emerging challenges and opportunities due to urbanization, climate change, decreasing of resources and consumers demand;
- have the ability to develop scenarios in search of alternative options and trade-offs in resource-scarce situations, using state-of-the-art approaches;
- design own transition paths for the introduction of innovative farming interventions that are socially, economically and ecologically balanced.
- The basic prerequisite for participation in the course is active interest and professional experience in this field.
- Participants should be proficient in English, and have at least a BSc degree or an equivalent academic qualification.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register themselves in order to apply.
NFP Countries: Afghanistan, Mali, Albania, Nepal, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Armenia, Nicaragua, Benin, Myanmar (Burma), Bolivia, Pakistan, Bhutan, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Peru, Burundi, Palestinian Territories, Cambodia, Philippines, Colombia, Rwanda, Cuba, Senegal, Djibouti, Somalia, DR Congo, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, South Africa, Egypt, Sudan, Ghana, South Sudan, Eritrea, Suriname, India, Tanzania, Georgia, Thailand, Indonesia, Uganda, Guatemala, Zambia, Kenya, Vietnam, Jordan, Zimbabwe, Yemen, Macedonia, Mongolia
For more information, please visit Milking to potential.
Apply for the course here.