Deadline: 18 October 2016
The Wageningen UR Centre for Development Innovation (CDI) invites applications for its training course on Wetlands, Integrated Water Resources Management and Food Security from 5 June 2017 until 23 June 2017 in the Netherlands.
Food security, water management and climate change call for a cross cutting and inclusive approach involving all relevant stakeholders and sectors. This requires persons who, next to technical knowledge, possess other skills such as facilitation, conflict management and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to advocate the important role of wetlands in integrated water resources management.
The course is based on the premise that stewards understand what integrated water resources management is, what wetlands are, the different types of wetlands, what services they provide and the role of the RAMSAR Convention. To be able to act as a water steward and to advocate for wetlands, you will also need to know how to facilitate multi-stakeholder processes, how to communicate wetlands to different sectors and to use your negotiation skills.
Upon completion of the course applicant will:
- have a greater understanding of the essence of integrated water resources management and water stewardship;
- have a better understanding of the interactions between agriculture and wetlands;
- have improved your skills to facilitate multi-stakeholder processes and be familiar with supportive tools;
- have improved your communication, negotiation, lobby and advocacy skills;
- know better how to deal with conflict.
- This course has been designed for wetland managers; for river basin and land-use planners; for policymakers, consultants, researchers, NGO and company staff involved with IWRM, wetlands and food security; and for those who wish to become a (better) water steward.
- Proficiency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register themselves in order to apply.
NFP Countries: Afghanistan, Mali, Albania, Nepal, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Armenia, Nicaragua, Benin, Myanmar (Burma), Bolivia, Pakistan, Bhutan, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Peru, Burundi, Palestinian Territories, Cambodia, Philippines, Colombia, Rwanda, Cuba, Senegal, Djibouti, Somalia, DR Congo, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, South Africa, Egypt, Sudan, Ghana, South Sudan, Eritrea, Suriname, India, Tanzania, Georgia, Thailand, Indonesia, Uganda, Guatemala, Zambia, Kenya, Vietnam, Jordan, Zimbabwe, Yemen, Macedonia, Mongolia
For more information, please visit CDI Wetlands.
Apply for the course here.