Deadline: 7 November 2016
Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs and Department for International Development are seeking applications for Fellowship Awards with an aim to provide funding to a UK host organization to enable promising individuals from developing countries to come to the UK for a period of training or research.
There is no specific minimum or maximum level for a Fellowship Award. On average a typical Darwin Fellowship award is around £20,000-£25,000 and covers a period of training in the UK of around 12 months.
- Late September 2016 – call for applications
- 7 November 2016 – deadline for applications
- February 2016 – notification of outcome to all applicants
- From 1 April 2016 – earliest start date for successful Darwin Fellowships
- The host organization where the individual will carry out the training or research must be in the UK.
- The individual would usually be:
- from a developing country
- involved in a recent or current Darwin Initiative project;
- directly involved in the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity, the Nagoya Protocol on Access and Benefit Sharing, the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species or the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture; and working in biodiversity or related fields
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For information regarding application procedure and more, please visit Fellowship Awards.