Deadline: 15 December 2016
The East-West Center is pleased to invite applications for the 2017 – 2018 Asia Pacific Leadership Program Fellowship (APLP).
The APLP is the center of excellence for leadership education in the Asia Pacific region and a signature program of the East West Center. The program links advanced and interdisciplinary analysis of emergent regional issues with experiential leadership learning.
All fellows live on the East-West Center’s campus in Honolulu, Hawaii from August through December 2017 for the residential portion of the program. From January – April 2018, the program is run virtually (online) and fellows have the option to return to their home countries or apply for extended fieldwork in Southeast Asia, internships, self-designed projects and employment experiences.
Upon acceptance, all participants receive a fellowship valued at approximately $13,000 USD to cover a majority of the program costs. Substantial scholarship funding is available for the remainder of the costs of participation, though timing is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree – applicants must have at least a 3-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. College or University or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. Equivalency is determined by the University of Hawai’i.
- At least 5 years of work experience
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting peace and prosperity in the Asia Pacific region, and a deep interest in experiential leadership development training.
- Professional work experience and achievement
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms
- International experience and aptitude, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure
- Volunteer and community service experience
- Asia Pacific engagement: evidence of knowledge of the region, as well as a demonstrated commitment to its future prosperity. This might include employment in the region, classes taken at University, languages spoken, memberships and fellowships, specific projects, field studies, and areas of research interest
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit application form along with the required documents via postal mail or an email.
Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, China, Chile, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Niue, North Korea, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, United States.
For more information, please visit Asia Pacific Leadership Program.