Are you a woman currently enrolled, or about to enroll, on a master’s degree in one of the economics, statistics, engineering and computing fields of study at a university or business school in Europe? If so, ECB Scholarship for Women could be for you!
The funding is intended to help finance your studies. If your application is successful, you will also have the opportunity to gain insights into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision work and to learn about the career opportunities they offer.
Why do they offer this scholarship?
- They want to change the lives of the women selected for this scholarship. Their goal is to support their education and boost their careers, both in general and in the areas of central banking and banking supervision.
- The scholarship is specifically designed to help EU women from low-income backgrounds to pursue postgraduate studies in the fields economics, statistics, engineering and computing.
- A grant of €10,000
- A study visit to the ECB
- Insight into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision work
- The opportunity to meet your fellow scholars and the ECB’s Women in Leadership network
- Advice and mentoring from an ECB economist or an expert in the field of banking supervision, statistics, engineering or computing
- You are a woman.
- You are a citizen of an EU Member State.
- You are currently enrolled, or are about to enrol, on a master’s course in economics, statistics, engineering or computing at a European university or business school (please see the list of examples of relevant fields of study).
- You are facing a funding gap that may prevent you from pursuing your studies.
- You obtained excellent grades in your undergraduate studies (i.e. for your bachelor’s degree) (please refer to this overview of corresponding grades for a range of countries).
- They plan to hold online interviews in June 2023 and to inform the successful candidates by July 2023.
- The ECB is an inclusive employer that strives to represent the diversity of the population it serves. They aim to reflect the same inclusivity with this scholarship and to represent the diversity of women in the EU. They encourage women to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
For more information, visit ECB.