Deadline: 13 June 2016
The European Commission is seeking applications for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) 2014-2020, a European-level financing instrument to contribute to the implementation of the Europe 2020 strategy, by providing financial support for the Union’s objectives in terms of promoting a high level of quality and sustainable employment, guaranteeing adequate and decent social protection, combating social exclusion and poverty and improving working conditions.
In order to take into account the variety of social finance market situations, the call offers several strands. Each of them addresses a specific configuration of barriers in the social finance market. Strands A, B and C act on the supply side of social finance, strand D and E on the demand side.
The objective of the call for proposals is to contribute to the development of a social finance market by enabling more social enterprises to take on repayable finance for developing and scaling up their innovative business model. The support aims at:
- Boosting the supply of social finance through institution and capacity building with committed actors, and
- Generating effective demand among social enterprises for social finance by developing their “investment readiness”.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of actions is estimated at EUR 2.150.000 million.
- Eligibility of the applicants (lead and co-applicants)
- Applicants and co-applicants must be legally established and registered in one of the EaSI participating countries mentioned below.
- Type of entities
- To be eligible, applicants and co-applicants may be public or private entities of any type.
- To be eligible, actions must have the involvement of a consortium.
- Affiliated entities
- Legal entities having a legal or capital link with applicants, which is neither limited to the action nor established for the sole purpose of its implementation and which satisfy the eligibility criteria, may take part in the action as affiliated entities, and may declare eligible costs.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted using the electronic submission system available on the given website.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Iceland, Norway, Albania, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
For more information, please visit Employment and Social Innovation Programme.