The Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens (BKMC) is proud to announce another call for applications for what will be the 6th round of the GC Scholarship with the objective to empower young African global citizens who are passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The GC Scholarship is a fully virtual scholarship program that empowers young African change-makers to address one or more of the SDGs in their community by proposing and implementing a localized SDG Micro-Project whilst also benefitting from a summer school as well as various expert trainings and workshops on specific topics.
The training targets 15 young African change makers, ages 20 to 35 from an African country. And starting date is 04.05.2023.
Over the course of 8 months the selected scholars will get the chance to enhance their skillset on the Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals, elevate their knowledge with regards to the field of entrepreneurship for sustainable development, and connect with professional networks.
Some of the benefits you will receive include full cost coverage for summer school training with MCI Innsbruck and coverage also of other expert workshops, a USD 500,00 seed grant to support the implementation of an SDG Micro-Project to be distributed after the successful submission of a project proposal, and a Certificate of Achievement awarded after the successful completion of the SDG Micro-Project signed by Co-chairs of the Ban Ki-moon Centre.
- Are you…
- A young and active African global citizen leader between 20 – 35 years.
- Passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Keen to learn more about entrepreneurship for sustainable development during an online summer school with MCI Innsbruck and.
- Ready to address one or more of the SDGs in your community by proposing and implementing a localized SDG Micro-Project during the scholarship period from May – December 2023.
- Do you have…
- A minimum English level – B2
- Completed at least 1 year of a master’s program, or been working towards a PhD, or are you within 2 years of graduation from a master’s program or higher.
If your answer is Yes, then get started and nominate yourself!
For more information, visit BKMC.