Deadline: 4 October 2016
The Netherlands organisation for international cooperation in higher education (EP-NUFFIC) is offering Nuffic Fellowships to participate in three training courses of The Hague Academy for Local Governance with an aim to promote capacity building within organisations in eligible countries via training and education for professionals.
The Three Training Courses
- Integrity & Anti-corruption (6 – 17 March, 2017)
This training focuses on the complexities of corruption, its root causes and the impact on society. The course introduces participants to different examples of institutional reforms and anti-corruption measures. Furthermore, participants discuss integrity dilemmas from their own working practice. They get familiarised with the Dutch landscape of Integrity as well as examples of policies to improve the integrity of an organisation’s workforce. [read more]
- Citizen Participation and Inclusive Governance (27 March – 7 April, 2017)
This course discusses basic principles of good governance, accountability and civil participation. Participants will explore possibilities to engage citizens in the policy and decision making process with a special focus on marginalised groups. They will discuss a.o. the participation ladder, the accountability chain, do’s and don’ts in participation processes and the role of the media. [read more]
- Local economic development ( 8 – May 19, 2017)
This training theme strategies and tools for managing local economic development process (LED) inclusive and sustainable. It addresses questions such as: how to develop a common vision for the sector in a participatory manner, involving public authorities, citizens, businesses and CSOs? How to foster job creation and entrepreneurship and how to finance it? [read more]
- Integrity and anti-corruption: Consultants and professionals working for; government, international organisations or NGOs and who are involved in anti-corruption, transparency and accountability processes in relation to development and governance.
- Citizen Participation and Inclusive Governance: Professionals working for municipal, provincial or national government, a donor organisation or NGO and who are involved in participation and accountability processes in relation to development and governance.
- The Local Economic Development: Professionals involved in the local economic development process, including aid workers, municipal officials, regional services and ministries and development banks.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply for the program online via given website.
Afghanistan, Mali, Albania, Nepal, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Armenia, Nicaragua, Benin, Myanmar, Bolivia, Pakistan, Bhutan, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Peru, Burundi, Palestinian Territories, Cambodia, Philippines, Colombia, Rwanda, Cuba, Senegal, Djibouti, Somalia, DR Congo, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, South Africa, Egypt, Sudan, Ghana, South Sudan, Eritrea, Surinam, India, Tanzania, Georgia, Thailand, Indonesia, Uganda, Guatemala, Zambia, Kenya, Vietnam, Jordan, Zimbabwe, Yemen, Macedonia, Mongolia.
For more information, please visit this link.