Deadline: 15 June 2016
The accomplished mid-career professionals with notable leadership potential will be sent to the United States for a year of graduate-level, non-degree academic coursework and professional development activities.
The Humphrey Fellowship will avail opportunities in the following fields:
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources Management/Environmental Policy/Climate Change
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Teacher Training or Curriculum Development)
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
The Humphrey Fellowship is a ten month program.
- The Humphrey Fellowship provides tuition and university fees, a monthly maintenance allowance, a book and supplies allowance, a computer subsidy, round-trip international travel to the host institution (and to the Fellow’s English-language training program when applicable) and domestic travel to Washington, D.C. for a special seminar.
- Supplementary funds are available for professional activities such as field trips or attendance at conferences.
- Albanian citizenship;
- Permanent employment in Albania;
- Minimum of five years full-time professional experience in the relevant field;
- A university degree requiring at least four years full-time study;
- Demonstrated interest in the policy aspects of fields of specialization rather than research;
- A Suitable level of English proficiency (580 or more on the TOEFL);
- Age limit: 50.
- Individuals already registered in study programs in the United States, employed in the United States, married to American citizens, or who have applied to emigrate or have sought asylum in another country are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to submit:
- Application form (generated by the Embark system)
- Translated and notarized copies of university diploma(s) and grade transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Two letters of reference
- Detailed Curriculum vitae
- Letter from employer confirming employment
- Copy of your passport
- Copies of certificates from previous trainings
- All application documents must be submitted through the online process.
Eligible Country: Albania
For more information, please visit Humphrey Fellowship Program.