Deadline: 1 March 2020
Humboldt Foundation is seeking applications from Young Climate Experts for its International Climate Protection Fellowship.
With the International Climate Protection Fellowships, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation enables prospective leaders in academia and industry to implement a research based proposal in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation during a one-year stay in Germany.
Up to 20 International Climate Protection Fellowships are granted annually, funded under the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety’s (BMU) International Climate Initiative. The fellowships target prospective leaders from non European transition and developing countries.
Foundation promote academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from abroad and from Germany.
- Research fellowships and research awards allow applicants to come to Germany to work on a research project they have chosen themselves together with a host and collaborative partner.
- If applicant are a scientist or scholar from Germany they can profit from their support and carry out a research project abroad as a guest of one of more than 29,000 Humboldt Foundation alumni worldwide – the Humboldtians.
- As an intermediary organisation for German foreign cultural and educational policy they promote international cultural dialogue and academic exchange.
- The global challenge posed by climate change can only be met by cross-border international collaborations. By enabling future decision-makers and multipliers to share knowledge, methods and techniques with specialist colleagues in Germany the programme promotes this objective, particularly by taking account of issues relating to practical applicability in the fellows’ own countries. In the spirit of the Agenda 2030 and the related Sustainable Development Goals, the programme seeks to contribute to the achievement of these goals by fostering prospective leaders with their undertakings and projects to combat climate change, to develop and implement adaptation strategies, to preserve ecosystems and biodiversity and to foster the sustainable use of the oceans and seas. Furthermore, it addresses sustainability topics relating to natural resources, resource-efficient consumption and urban development.
- The programme promotes the development of long-term contacts and collaboration with colleagues in Germany.
- A monthly fellowship of between €2,170 and €2,670, depending on applicant qualifications.
- Individual mentoring during their stay in Germany.
- Additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying they, travel expenses or a German language course.
- A three-week introductory phase, during which they will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany.
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help applicant sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during their entire professional career.
Submit an application, if Applicants:
- Are a future leader from a non-European transition or developing country.
- Are active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change.
- Are interested in spending a year working with a host of their choice in Germany on a research-based project applicants have developed themselves in the field of climate protection and climate-related resource conservation.
- Academic and professional career to date (mobility, determination, expertise, academic success)
- Leadership skills (initial experience in leadership positions and/or appropriate references)
- Quality, originality and relevance of the research-based proposal (convincing selection of methods, clear focus and feasibility, relevance to climate protection or climate-related resource conservation, viability of both the host institution chosen and the concomitant communication strategy)
- Future potential (further development in academia and industry, career prospects)
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2lWVQO2