Deadline: 6 November 2017
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) has announced its first Reporting Fellowships of 2018 to Honduras and Guatemala. A group of six journalists will report on Governance and Civil Society from Guatemala City, Guatemala. Concurrently, six other journalists will cover Labor and Migration from San Pedro Sula, Honduras.
These opportunities are part of the Adelante Reporting Initiative. The work of the 80 IWMF Adelante Fellows has been published and aired by leading media outlets around the world. The IWMF will continue to lead reporting trips to Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, and the Mexico-United States border until 2020.
The Reporting Trips
- Both trips will take place February 1-16, 2018, which includes travel dates. All Fellows will begin their trip in Mexico City, Mexico, where they will complete a four-day, comprehensive security training and an orientation about Latin America and Adelante focus countries from February 2-5. Fellows then depart for a nine-day in-country independent reporting from San Pedro Sula, Honduras or Guatemala City, Guatemala, where they will have the opportunity to network with in-country journalists, collaborate with international peers, and access a wide range of sources and sites relevant to their reporting.
- The IWMF reserves the right to change reporting locations based on the real-time security situation in both locations. The feasibility of day trips outside the base locations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and determined by IWMF security protocols.
- Affiliated or freelance women journalists with three (3) or more years of professional experience working in news media. Internships do not count toward professional experience;
- Women journalists of all nationalities are welcome to apply;
- Non-native English speakers must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program;
- Applicant must be able to show proof of interest from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Call for Applications.