Deadline: 29 August 2017
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is currently inviting applicants for its Central African Republic (CAR) And Rwanda Reporting Fellowships to strengthen the role of women journalists worldwide.
Both trips will take place from November 5-18, 2017. All Fellows will begin their trip in Nairobi, Kenya, where they will complete comprehensive security training and an orientation about the African Great Lakes region.
- Central African Republic (CAR): The Impact of Humanitarian Aid
- Rwanda: Technology and Economic Development
- The trip to CAR will be based in Bangui.
- The trip to Rwanda will be based in Kigali.
- The IWMF arranges travel and in-country logistics for all Fellows.
- The IWMF also covers fellowship-related costs within the framework of the reporting trip including travel, lodging, meals, and fixers/interpreters, unless a selected journalist’s news organization wishes to assume these costs.
- Visa costs will also be covered, but fellows living outside the U.S. are responsible for procuring all necessary visas.
- All nationalities are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be affiliated or freelance women journalists with at least three years of professional experience in journalism working in print, broadcast, or digital media.
- Fellows must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate support from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit IWMF Reporting Trips 2017.