Deadline: 21 August 2016
The Jacobs Foundation is currently inviting applications from journalists from the US and UK to Zurich, Switzerland for its Jacobs Science Writer Fellowship 2016 with an aim to enhance their understanding of the work and research of the 2016 Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize recipient, a leading international scholar in the field of child and youth development, and to connect these journalists with Swiss premier research institutions.
The Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize rewards high quality scientific work relevant to the study of child and youth development. It is of great importance to the Jacobs Foundation that scientific findings from interdisciplinary research should be applied in practice and understood by the public. The Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize is endowed with one million Swiss francs (about $1M USD).
- Accommodation in Zurich to be booked by Jacobs Foundation for the duration of the program from November 29 until December 3, 2016.
- Zurich public transportation (tram, bus) for the duration of the program.
- A coach round-trip ticket to Zurich, Switzerland, to be booked by a Jacobs Foundation-authorized travel agent.
- Program participants may extend their stays in Zurich, but additional accommodation or travel costs will not be covered by the Foundation.
To be eligible, applicants:
- Must be a working journalist with a consistent track record of reporting on science and health policy issues.
- The Fellowship is open to journalists resident in North America or the UK working in any media, including but not limited to newspapers, wire services, radio, television, web sites, online publications, magazines or freelance.
- Must have experience writing about youth development or a demonstrated interest in covering this beat in the future.
- At least two years of employment or a proven track record as a freelancer in print, broadcast, or online journalism.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via the given website.
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and The Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America (USA) and United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit Jacobs Science Writer Fellowship 2016.
FundsforNGOs Premium Membership at 50% Discount. International Youth Day Offer! Click here to Sign up Now!