Deadline: 1 October 2016
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) is currently inviting applicants from developing countries for its TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training. The purpose of these fellowships is to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists.
- The fellowships are offered for a minimum of three months and a maximum of twelve months.
- TWAS covers international low-cost airfare plus a contribution towards subsistence amounting to a maximum of USD 300 per month. No other costs will be provided by TWAS.
- The host institution is expected to provide accommodation and food as well as research facilities.
- Eligible applicants for the fellowships are young scientists working in any area of natural sciences who are citizens of a developing country and are employed by a research institution in a developing country.
- The fellowships are for research and advanced training. They are offered to young scientists holding at least an MSc or equivalent degree.
- There is no age limit. However, preference is given to young scientists at the beginning of their research career and those working in Least Developed Countries.
- Institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China, are not eligible host institutions under this programme.
- Applicants interested in conducting a fellowship in China are required to check whether their chosen host is a CAS institute. Applicants wishing to attend a CAS institute should either apply to the CAS-TWAS President’s Postgraduate Fellowship Programme or consider the CAS Fellowships for Postdoctoral and Visiting Scholars from Developing Countries.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit TWAS Fellowships.