Deadline: 11 June 2018
The United States Department of State’s Bureau of Counter terrorism (CT) has announced Notification of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for its ‘East Africa Counter terrorism Finance Initiative’, to support counter terrorism finance programming in East Africa. Primary focus countries of this project are Tanzania, Uganda, and Kenya with the potential for regional efforts in secondary countries such as Djibouti and Ethiopia.
CT seeks proposals to strengthen the capacity of law enforcement to counter the financing of terrorism across East Africa. Focusing on financial intelligence units (FIUs) as well as the region’s financial sector, this project will further institutionalize international standards and best practices on anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism
The project will build the capacity of the financial sector, including money service businesses and designated non-financial businesses and professions, to identify and report suspicious financial activity and to effectively communicate with the region’s central banks, FIUs, law enforcement agencies, regulators, and other relevant actors. Additionally, the project will strengthen the political will and capacity of FIUs and other authorities to collaborate with law enforcement agencies, both domestically and regionally
- Award Ceiling: $987,500
- Award Floor: $900,000
Applicants that are eligible to apply are
- U.S. based non-profit/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) having a 501(c) (3) status with the IRS; overseas NGOs; and public international organizations.
- In particular, submissions from potential implementers with deep experience implementing complex security assistance programs are welcome.
- To be eligible for an award, in addition to other conditions of this NOFO, organizations must have a commitment to non‐discrimination with respect to beneficiaries and adherence to equal opportunity employment practices.
- Non‐discrimination includes equal treatment without regard to race, religion,ethnicity, gender, and political affiliation.
- Applicants are reminded that U.S. Executive Orders and U.S. law prohibits transactions with, and the provision of resources and support to, individuals and organizations associated with terrorism.
- This provision must be included in any sub‐awards issued under this award.
- For-profit and commercial firms are not eligible to apply.
- Individuals are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit grants.gov