This one year, full-scholarship program is offered to mid-career who have a record of leadership, a commitment to public service, and the initiative to take full advantage of an independent study at a leading American university.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for one-year of non-degree study and related professional activities. The program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding between American citizens and professional counterparts from Senegal. Successful applicants will be placed in participating universities in the United States for the August 2022-June 2023 period.
Fields of study
- Human and Institutional Capacity
- Economic Development
- Finance & Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Rights and Freedoms
- Communications and Journalism
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons Policy & Prevention
- Sustainable Lands
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Thriving Communities
- To be eligible for the Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must:
- Be Senegalese citizens.
- Hold a master’s degree.
- Have five years of substantial professional experience (no “stages” will be considered).
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service.
- Fluency in English (candidates will sit for the TOEFL test).
- Alumni from State department exchange programs are not eligible.
- People who have studies in the U.S. are not eligible.
For more information, visit https://sn.usembassy.gov/education-culture/student-exchange-programs/