Deadline: 15 November 2016
Zonta International Foundation is currently seeking applications for its Amelia Earhart Fellowship established to encourage women to have access to all resources and are represented in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men.
The Amelia Earhart Fellowship was established in 1938 in honor of famed pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart, famed pilot and Zonta Club member.
The US$10,000 Fellowship is awarded annually to 35 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering.
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering are eligible.
- Be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program in a qualifying area of science or engineering closely related to advanced studies in aerospace-related science or aerospace-related engineering and completed at least one year of that program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-related field at the time the application is submitted.
- Demonstrate a superior academic record at a recognized university or college with accredited courses in aerospace-related studies as verified by official transcripts and recommendations.
- Provide evidence of a well-defined research program in aerospace-related science or aerospace-related engineering as described in the application essay, the academic documents and the list of publications.
- Clearly demonstrate the relationship of the research to aerospace and furnish verifications of research program through at least one of the reference letters required with the application.
- Applicant must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program when funds are received in September and must not graduate before April 2018.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Zonta International Foundation.