Deadline: 1 April 2017
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and UK aid from the UK government through the Department for International Development (DFID) are seeking proposals for its 2nd Drivers of Food Choice (DFC) Competitive Grants Program with an aim to improve food and nutrition security in LMIC.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Development of an understanding of factors that influence food choice among consumers in lower wealth quintiles in LMIC to inform policy and practice
- Investigation of how changes to food environments and food systems influence food choice among consumers in LMIC settings.
- Evaluation of the impact of agricultural policies and interventions (e.g., home gardening, aquaculture, livestock production, cash cropping, bio-fortification, agricultural subsidies, land use policies) on food choice behaviors of different household members, especially women and children.
- The DFC Competitive Grants Program anticipates distributing a total of $2,152,500 in the second two-year funding round of the grants program.
- Grant requests may not exceed $300,000 for the total duration of the project.
- Grant requests should be for two-year projects.
- Two-year projects will be awarded but the second year of funding will be contingent upon satisfactory progress by the recipient during the first year.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Grants can be awarded to any organization with a demonstrated interest and commitment to improving food and nutrition security in LMIC, including research organizations, non-government organizations, public (e.g., government) institutions, and private sector organizations.
- All recipients must have prior experience conducting relevant nutrition, food systems, or agricultural research, and must demonstrate prior experience in efficient and effective fiscal management. In the case of partnerships, a lead organization should be identified that meets these criteria and can submit the concept memo as the prime applicant.
- All applicants named in the proposal should be described by their roles and responsibilities, as well as the value added by their partnership.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the Concept memos template via given website.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic , Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro. Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit DFC Competitive Grants Program.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.