Deadline: 27 June 2020
Light A Single Candle is seeking applications for its Grant Program 2020.
The Light A Single Candle is a private foundation dedicated to the relief of poverty through effective partnerships that target:
- Food support, food security and food sustainability
- Microbusiness and economic development
- Development of individuals, families, and communities toward self-determination and an improved standard of living
The Foundation believes the need for food and economic sustainability is basic to all poverty solutions. They are motivated by faith in God and values based initiatives and programs, but are not limited to the support of faith-based partnerships.
The Foundation Works
- Greater Metropolitan St. Louis Area:
- Projects to be considered must be located within the City of St. Louis, Missouri or North St. Louis County (North County).
- West Central Illinois: Proposals are “Not Yet” being accepted at this time.
- Proposed service area may include: Adams, Brown, Pike and Schuyler counties.
- Recipient organization must be a not for profit USA based 501 (c) (3) public charity as defined by the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Projects to be considered must be located within the following countries: Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, or Nicaragua.
- Recipients must have staff and/or partners on the ground and include local community in the project development and implementation.
For more information, visit https://www.lightasinglecandle.org/about-us/