Deadline: 31 October 2019
The Implementer-Led Design, Evidence, Analysis and Learning (IDEAL) Activity has announced the first Request for Applications (RFA) through its Small Grants Program.
The purpose of this request for applications (RFA) is to solicit applications that support the development of tools and topic-specific learning events to strengthen the capacity of U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Food for Peace (FFP) grantees, and the broader food and nutrition security implementing partner community.
IDEAL is a five-year USAID FFP funded activity that aims to address knowledge and capacity gaps expressed by the food and nutrition security implementing community. The goal of IDEAL is to strengthen food and nutrition security among FFP-target populations through promotion of systems-level approaches to improve the design, implementation and overall effectiveness of emergency and development food and nutrition security activities. It seeks to achieve this through four pathways: (A) capacity strengthening; (B) peer-to-peer learning; (C) small grants program (SGP); and (D) stakeholder consultations.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The objective of this RFA is to solicit applications from food and nutrition security practitioners to support the development of products and tools, conduct events, and implement practical activities to improve the quality of food and nutrition security programming among FFP-target populations. Successful Micro Grant applications will align with IDEAL’s content focus areas, the FFP Learning Agenda and identified gaps and needs expressed by implementing partners.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
This RFA is not intended to solicit applications for research work done by Development Food Security Activities (DFSAs) during the Refine and Implement (R&I) period.
Content Focus Areas for IDEAL
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Strengthening the quality and impact of emergency programming
- Data collection and analysis for improved program design and impact
- Adaptive management and application of learning
- Integrated activity design and implementation
- Sustainability and planning for exit
- Social and behavior change
- Equity, empowerment, social cohesion and social accountability
Final funding levels for each award will depend on content, relevance, quality, number of applications received, needs, and competing priorities, with a ceiling of $50,000 US Dollars, subject to availability of funds.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Duration of Micro Grant Award
The duration of an award under this RFA may be up to 12 months from the date of the award. IDEAL, Save the Children Federation, and/or USAID reserves the right to cancel this RFA at any time.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Prime applicants may be U.S. and non-U.S. nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), for-profit organizations, or institutions of higher education that can contribute to IDEAL’s strategic objective of promoting systems-level approaches to improving the design, implementation and overall effectiveness of emergency and development food and nutrition security activities.
- Experience with USAID or FFP funding is not required to apply.
- Applications by for-profit organizations cannot include profit in the proposed budget.
- IDEAL will not accept applications from individuals. All applicants must be legally recognized organizational entities under applicable law. Applicants must comply with all applicable Dun and Bradstreet Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number and System for Award Management (SAM). Applicants are not required to have a DUNS number at the time of application but must have a DUNS number at the time of the award. Hence, applicants should be in the process of receiving a DUNS number to avoid any delays in the award process.
- Applicants must have completed all required steps (if any) with the host government to legally operate their program by the time of award.
The following are not eligible to apply for grants under this RFA:
- Government entities, including ministries
- Multilateral organizations
- Firms operating as commercial companies or other organizations (including nonprofit and nongovernmental organizations) that are wholly or partially owned by foreign governments or agencies
How to Apply
Application packages (to include application, budget narrative and detailed budget) must be submitted electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Gambia, the Myanmar, Bangladesh, Guinea, Nepal, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Niger, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Somalia, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Chad, Liberia, Tanzania, Comoros, Madagascar, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Malawi, Uganda, Eritrea, Mali, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Angola, India, São Tomé and Principe, Armenia, Senegal, Belize, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bhutan, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, Bolivia, Sudan, Cameroon, Lesotho, Swaziland, Cape Verde, Marshall Islands, Congo, Rep., Mauritania, Timor-Leste, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Tonga, Djibouti, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tuvalu, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Indonesia, Samoa.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
For more, visit https://www.fsnnetwork.org/request-applications-ideal-micro-grants