The Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) is looking for 6 national or local NGOs to implement the short-term projects on national/local budgets analysis of available state/municipal funding for health and social services for key populations in their respective territories.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The objectives of the learning grant cycle:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- To plan and conduct feasible and short-term interventions on budget analysis and fiscal accountability of local/municipal/national budgets by national/local NGOs to analyse budget plans and expenditure to identify the funding gaps in state/municipal budgets for health and social services for key populations, and to develop participatory approaches / advocacy roadmap for addressing those funding gaps on national or municipal level, awarded by grants within the selection process. Budget analysis during COVID-19 pandemic should also help to control state funding for key populations is not left behind the budgets, reprogrammed or reduced in favor of COVID-19 related programs.
- To gather a pool of national and regional experts in the sphere of budget advocacy, budget analysis and budget accountability for collection and sharing of practical expertise of budget analysis in the CEECA region and provision of technical support to grants recipients. Provision of mentorship will strengthen organizational and budget advocacy capacity of NGOs and will help in effective budget analysis process and in undertaking practical actions to identify the funding gaps in state budgets for services for key populations and finding ways to reduce these gaps.
- To examine lessons learnt resulting from short-term interventions on budget analysis and fiscal accountability of local/national budgets within the following activities:
- Compilation of case studies on the basis of conducted budget analysis by NGOs, awarded with grants;
- Conduction of the meeting of grantees, experts and interested partners to examine the realized interventions on budget analysis and fiscal accountability by grantees in their respective territories, evaluate the results, consider lessons learnt and plan budget advocacy actions for 2021.
- To plan and conduct feasible and short-term interventions on local/national budget analysis (plans versus expenditures) by national/local NGOs to identify the funding gaps in state budgets for health and social services for key populations;
- Develop advocacy roadmap for addressing those funding gaps on national or municipal level;
- Develop a case-study, based on the project realization experience including analysis findings, lessons learnt and further advocacy roadmap actions (case-study will be published online).
Depending on the profile of the applicant organization and key populations it works with or targets to advocate for or on behalf of their interests, the organization is expected to analyze budget availability, spending, transparency and accountability for health and social care services for one or several of the following key populations:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- People who use psychoactive substances,
- Gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men, and trans* people,
- People living with HIV, specifically women.
Depending on its experience and capabilities, applying organization may target to analyze national or local (municipal) budget.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- On behalf of the Eurasian Regional Consortium, EHRA will issue 6 grants to the winners in the open competition (non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations, and informal initiative groups which have financial agents).
- Grant amount – up to 7,000 USD per grant.
- An applicant is a registered NGO in one of the countries of the Eastern Europe and Central Asia region or a non-registered initiative group which has an officially registered financial agent;
- An applicant works with / represents / provides services /advocates for the needs of one or several key population groups – people who use psychoactive substances; gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men; trans* people; people living with HIV, specifically women – on the national or local (city/municipal) level;
- An applicant which is a non-registered initiative group, has a documented history of activities of not less than 3 years;
- An applicant (or its financial agent) has the bank account in USD, and there are no any restrictions in receiving funds from Lithuania to the bank account in USD;
- There are no any restrictions in national legislation which can influence timeframe of the project or project realization itself (such as state registration of the foreign grant funds, etc.);
- An applicant (or its financial agent) has an accountant or financial specialist;
- An applicant’s staff participated in budget advocacy trainings/seminars/workshops AND has an experience in budget advocacy projects (applying for budget funding, advocating for state funding for key populations and/or provision of services for key populations from state funds);
- An applicant is aware how national or local/municipal budget for health and social programs are structured and if there are budget lines dedicated to specific services for key populations.
For more information, visit https://harmreductioneurasia.org/grants-on-local-budget-analysis/
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.