Deadline extended till 17 May 2019
Applications are open for the 2019-20 HCL Grant program to achieve sustainable development of rural communities by supporting NGOs that are doing path-breaking work towards transformation of rural India.
The HCL Grant is a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) commitment by HCL, through HCL Foundation, to strengthen and empower NGOs, engage with them, as well as recognize them for their path breaking work. Currently focused at rural development, the HCL Grant is awarded in three thematic categories, namely Environment, Health and Education. The Grant is designed to support breakthrough award winning projects to NGOs that have a proven track record of evident impact, high credibility and distinct ability to deliver.
HCL Grant has the following specific objectives:
- Award financial Grant to innovative, replicable, scalable, sustainable & time-bound project, proposed by NGOs which are committed towards transformative rural development, in the categories of Environment, Health & Education.
- Identify NGOs who have made significant impact in rural transformation and publish a compendium capturing work of these NGOs, such that they become globally visible for their efforts.
Thematic Grant Categories
- Conservation of environment, the indigenous flora and fauna.
- Access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and clean energy for all.
- Combating climate change and its impact.
- Protecting, restoring, and promoting sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystem and wetlands
- Conservation of natural water bodies, including river rejuvenation, oceans, natural springs, lakes and others.
- Combating desertification, deforestation, land degradation, biodiversity loss, pollution and promoting use of renewable resources. (Please note – proposals that come from agriculture domain only, without any environmental impact, will not be considered)
- Wildlife conservation and preservation.
- Right to Education for All by upscaling initiatives that strengthen Early Childhood Care & Development (ECCD), Elementary, Secondary, Higher Education, Adult Literacy & Inclusive Special Education
- Education that promotes learning opportunities through skill development and confidence building, including digital literacy.
- Education that leads to better livelihood opportunities and improved income & better living for young people and adults.
- Holistic education that encompasses co-scholastics such as sports, art and craft, performing & fine arts, promotion of culture, orientation on national heritage, theatre, provides opportunity for not only overall development but also sustainable livelihoods.
- Equitable, inclusive, technology enabled and relevant quality education, leading to gender equality and human resource development.
- Equitable & Universal access to Health for All – segments of population and ailments.
- Access to clean drinking water, sanitation and hygiene facilities, prevention and elimination of water borne diseases.
- Maternal, adolescent, child health and nutrition and eradication of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
HCL Grant complements and contributes to National Missions & Sustainable Development Goals. Inclusion and gender-transformative approaches are underlying principles for HCL Grant.
- The total committed fund for HCL Grant is INR 16.5 Crores.
- HCL Grant awards the winning NGOs in each of the categories of Education, Health and Environment INR 5 Crores for a 5 years’ project.
- The HCL Grant rewards the 2 other finalists in each category with INR 25 lakhs for a year-long project which will be mutually agreed with HCL Foundation after the final Jury meet.
- The organization must be a registered not for profit entity in India i.e. Society, Trust, Section 8 (previously Section 25) company or any other (in line with Section 135 of Companies Act 2013).
- The organization must have registered u/s 12A (A) of Income Tax 1961.
- The organization should have completed the below mentioned functional existence (as per registration certificate) in India on or before 28th February 2019:
- Applicant under Education and Health Category – 10 years,
- Applicant under Environment Category – 5 years,
- The organization should have completed the below-mentioned working experience in rural areas in India on or before 28th February 2019:
- Applicant under Education and Health Category – 5 years
- Applicant under Environment Category – 2 years
- The organization should have below mentioned average expenditure for the last 3 financial years i.e. 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18:
- Applicant under Education and Health Category – INR 1.5 Crores or above
- Applicant under Environment Category – INR 0.50 Crores or above
- The organization must not be blacklisted by any government agency, donor or international agency.
- The organization must not have any negative media coverage or any other controversy associated with it.
- The organization should not have any political or religious affiliations.
- The organization should have registration documents, audited financial reports, tax certificates and FCRA (If applicable) and/or similar documents depending on the nature of the funding/donations that it receives.
How to Apply
Applicants can register themselves via the given website.
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please visit http://hclgrant.hcltech.com/