Deadline: 6 March 2019
The 5% Initiative has launched a Call for Proposals under “Health System Strengthening at all level (HSS)”.
This call for proposals has been launched with a view to selecting projects that complement GF grants aimed at contributing to the building of resilient and sustainable systems for health at all levels (from local community to national) by:
- Fostering constant and sustainable access for populations to high-quality health products.
- Supporting health workforce capacity building or strengthening at all levels.
- Providing support to reproductive, women’s, children’s, and adolescent health programmes, and platforms for integrated service delivery
- Ensuring the promotion and strengthening of community action and community involvement in national decision-making processes
- The total amount of the grant funded by the 5% Initiative must cover 50% to 100% of the total project budget and will range between €250,000 and €2,500,000.
- Applicants with an annual budget higher than €5 million must obligatorily include a co-financing in the budget. For the other applicants, project co-financing in the budget will be viewed positively.
Project duration must be between 24 and 36 months.
Eligible Project Types
Various types of proposal may be submitted:
- Proposals for building the capacities of national stakeholders
- Proposals for strengthening the supply chain and stock management
- Support projects to reproductive, women’s, children’s, and adolescent health programmes
- In order to apply for a 5% Initiative grant the applicant must:
- be a legal entity with a head office in an eligible country or France (e.g. to have by laws registered in an eligible country, or France) and
- propose a partnership approach (project implementation involving more than one organization) and
- include at least one partner from each of the implementation countries and
- must not have bylaws that would not permit Expertise France or any external auditor appointed by
- Expertise France to perform checks and verifications on site and enjoy an appropriate right of access to sites and premises where the project is to be conducted, including their IT systems, and access to all documents and computer data relating to the technical and financial management of the project.
- Local organizations in eligible countries (mentioned below) can submit a project as prime applicant.
- International Organizations may participate as technical support providers but may not be prime applicants nor receiving funding from the 5% Initiative. This provision does not apply to Regional Organizations.
- For the present call for proposals, each organization may apply only once as prime applicant (lead organization). However, an organization may be part of more than one project as partner.
- A partnership approach means that the prime applicant involves the partners in the design of the project and that the partners have responsibilities in the implementation of the project, with the management of funds linked to activities.
How to Apply
Full applications must be uploaded to the Expertise France Cloud via given website.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Armenia, Benin, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Dominican Republic, Djibouti, Dominica, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Kosovo, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritania, Moldavia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Niger, Republic of Congo, Republic of Mauritius, Romania, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saint Lucia, Senegal, Serbia, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Ukraine, Vanuatu, Vietnam and France.
For more information, please visit https://www.initiative5pour100.fr/en/partnerships-and-expertise/calls-for-proposals/