Join the largest independent startup ecosystem competition not only to be recognized globally, but also to get access to an invite-only, curated global network and to be matched with active investors, startups, incubation/acceleration programs and government initiatives from all around the world and to enjoy unique offers from the Prize Sponsors.
ASEAN Startup Awards is part of the Global Startup Awards, providing an annual spotlight to those who dare to dream big and shape the way their future will look.
Bringing together amazing ideas and best talents from 12 regions, 120 countries across the globe to celebrate entrepreneurial spirit and startups. The competition process for finding the winners involves all aspects of a startup ecosystem by using a network of local ambassadors, country partners, national jury members, international jury members from the entire globe as well as key advisors counting everyone from top investors, political stakeholders, founders and community builders.
- Better recognition nationally, regionally, and globally to attract business opportunities even from other countries, regions, and continents.
- Access to GSA Alumni Network which is an invite-only VIP club that not only serves a greater movement that fosters the development of startup ecosystems globally but also gives You access to a well-selected global network to support your international business endeavors.
- Connection to other regional and global stakeholders – finalists, winners, juries, partners, and ambassadors.
- Matchmaking with active investors, successful startups, accelerator and incubator programs, as well as government initiatives.
- Promotion through Global Startup Awards’ regional and global social media channels and newsletters.
- Opportunity to contribute with your expertise and knowledge to a greater good: to shape the global startup ecosystem with other selected future shapers.
- Enjoy the benefits of valuable services and products offered by the Prize Sponsors, as well as the opportunity to have a one-hour online conversation with some of the globally recognized investors and industry experts from and around the world.
- Startup of the Year
- A startup that inspires the next generation of founders while positively impacting the economy and the world in general. It is a product and/or service which is already a success on the market, disrupting its industry with an innovative approach.
- Criteria: The startup must be maximum 5 years of age (calculated from establishment date until public nominations open).
- Best Newcomer
- A startup up to 2 years of age with the potential to become Startup of the Year in the future. Its product and/or service is already on the market on a path to disrupt its industry and positively impact the economy and the world.
- Criteria: The startup must be maximum 2 years of age (calculated from establishment date until public nominations open).
- Founder of the Year
- A startup founder or co-founder who has shown strong leadership skills and achieved exceptional business results while being an inspiration to their team and a role model for the next generation of founders.
- Criteria: The individual must be a founder or co-founder of a startup that is a maximum of 5 years of age (calculated from establishment date until public nominations open).
- VC of the Year
- A VC who has created impressive financial results while investing bravely in innovative companies which can positively impact the economy as well as the world, supporting them also with resources other than just financial.
- Criteria: The VC must be established in the country it is participating in.
- Best Co-working Space
- A co-working space that deserves recognition for its services, support, and resources to fast-growth startups, and for creating a culture and environment that fosters innovation and focuses on positively impacting the world.
- Criteria: The co-working space must be established in the country it is participating in.
- Best Accelerator/Incubator Program
- A fixed-term, cohort-based, mentorship-driven program that helps and empowers entrepreneurs to foster the growth of their innovative companies by providing tools, resources, connections, knowledge and expertise.
- Criteria: The Accelerator/Incubator Program must be established in the country it is participating in.
- Ecosystem Hero of the Year
- An individual known by its passion for entrepreneurship and ability as well as willingness to help startups and entrepreneurship grow.
- Criteria: The individual must perform their activity in the country that they are participating in.
- Best Green Tech Startup
- A startup with a good business model that has a green impact on the world with its product and/or service that reduces energy consumption, creates renewable energy and/or makes process optimization.
- Criteria: The startup must be maximum 5 years of age (calcuated from establisment date until public nominations open). The product and/or service needs to fall into one of the following areas; energy saving, renewable energy or resource optimization.
- Best HealthTech Startup
- A startup that is on the path to disrupt the healthcare industry through the use of technology and by developing new business models improving the lives of patients. The startup’s product and/or service is already showing early traction on the market.
- Criteria: The product and or service has to fall under one or more of these areas: Clinical efficiency, Patient engagement, Medical devices, Digital health, Predictive analytics, New technology solution, Fitness and wellness.
- Best WEB 3.0 and AI Startup
- A startup with an innovative addition to the global Web 3.0 or AI Scene that incorporates decentralization, blockchain technologies, and token-based economics at the core of its added value, in addition to a commitment to increased data security, scalability, and enhanced privacy.
- Criteria: The product and or service needs to contain one of the following technologies: Smart contracts, Blockchain solutions, Crypto wallets, Tokenisation and NFTs, AI / Machine Learning.
- Diversity Role Model of the Year
- An individual who is known for their outstanding achievements and contribution to the mission of empowering more women and/or members of underrepresented groups to become founders, investors and leaders in their local and/or international startup and innovation ecosystem.
- Criteria: The individual leads a specific organization and/or an activity to promote and enable more women and/or members of underrepresented groups to become professionals in the startup and innovation ecosystem.
- People’s Choice
- A company that got the most accumulated votes throughout the regional round.
- Brunei Darussalam
- Lao PDR
- Viet Nam
- Global Startup Awards Headquarters are not directly nominating the participants. It might happen from time to time that some nominations are a bit far from your reality.
- If you feel that the nomination is not really reflecting your current status, you are also free to nominate yourself, as the premise is that anyone can nominate anyone, anywhere.
- Unfortunately, you cannot change the email address of the entry point of nomination.
For more information, visit Asean Startup Awards.