Deadline: 21 September 2017
The Conquer Cancer Foundation (CCF) is currently seeking proposals for its Young Investigator Award (YIA) with an aim to provide funding to promising investigators to encourage and promote quality research in clinical oncology.
- The Young Investigator Award is a one-year grant totaling $50,000 to pay for personnel and/or research expenses, and travel to attend the CCF Grants and Awards Ceremony at the ASCO Annual Meeting.
- The number of YIA grants in each funding cycle is not predetermined by the Conquer Cancer Foundation.
- Awards are given based on individual merit and availability of funds.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the Young Investigator Award:
- Be a physician (MD, DO, or international equivalent) working in any country and currently in the last two years of his/her final subspecialty training at an academic medical institution and within 10 years of obtaining his/her medical degree at the time of grant submission. Examples of subspecialty training include, but are not limited to, a hematology-oncology fellowship, a surgical oncology fellowship, or a radiation oncology residency. An MD, PhD is eligible if both degrees are completed prior to the start of the grant period.
- Be planning an investigative career in clinical oncology.
- Have a valid, active medical license in the country where the research will be conducted at the time of application.
- An institutional commitment for a faculty appointment at the time of grant submission is not required, but the applicant should be working in an oncology laboratory or clinical research setting.
- Have a mentor in the proposed research field from the sponsoring institution. The mentor must assume responsibility and provide guidance for the research. If the mentor is not an ASCO member, a supporting letter from an ASCO member from the sponsoring institution must be included.
- Be an ASCO member or have submitted a membership application with the grant application.
- Be able to commit at least 60% of full- time effort in research (applies to total research, not just the proposed project) during the award period.
- Eligible physicians are allowed to hold only one grant from the Conquer Cancer Foundation at a time.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Young Investigator Award.