Deadline: 7 April 2020
The United States (U.S.) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is working to help the Côte d’Ivoire Ministry of Health meet key International Health Regulation (IHR) (2005) requirements through implementation of priority Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) activities. The objectives of this program are to strengthen Côte d’Ivoire’s health system capacities to prevent, detect and respond to infectious disease outbreaks and other public health emergencies.
The program emphasizes further improving core GHSA priority capacities in disease surveillance, laboratory diagnostics, emergency preparedness and response, public health workforce development, and strengthening of anti-microbial resistance stewardship. This program includes a particular focus on strengthening disease surveillance through the establishment of an event-based surveillance system in high-risk border districts, reinforced through public health staff training and supervision.
This program will also support building Côte d’Ivoire’s capacity to respond to disease outbreaks and public health emergencies through the training and mentoring of a cadre of public health workers in each of the 101 districts in Côte d’Ivoire in field epidemiology and emergency preparedness and response, reinforcing these capacities via field simulation exercises.
- Core Global Health Security Priorities.
- Rapid Response to Small Scale Infectious Disease Outbreaks or other Public Health Emergencies.
- Rapid Response to Large Scale Infectious Disease Outbreaks or other Public Health Emergencies.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $42,500,000
- Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding: $8,500,000
- Approximate Period of Performance Length: 5 year(s)
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- County governments
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Small businesses
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- City or township governments
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Special district governments
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Private institutions of higher education
How to Apply
Applicants may access the application package via the given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=320712