Deadline: 30 September 2016
Health Systems Global and the Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research is currently accepting nominations for the 2016 Societal Award in order to recognize and reward high standards of professional performance and contributions of individuals or organizations to the field of health policy and systems research and health systems strengthening.
- Sam Adjei Distinguished Public Service Award: The award is presented to recognize and honor an individual who has demonstrated leadership in evidence-informed health policy formulation for stronger health systems, has championed the field of health policy and systems research within his or her particular context, or has made significant contributions to the enhancement of health systems in the national and/or international sphere. The recipient has to be an individual currently or previously in an elected or appointed position in government, an international agency or other non-profit organization engaged in public service.
- Award for Lifetime Service: The award is presented to an individual in recognition of extraordinary lifetime achievement in the field of health policy and systems research.
- Award for the Promotion of Health Policy and Systems Research: The award is presented to a person, or a group of individuals, or an organization in recognition for extraordinary work that contributes to advancing/advocating the field of HPSR and making knowledge about HPSR accessible to a broad audience. There will be an equal focus on the importance of reaching audiences within as well as outside the HPSR scientific community.
The criteria for each award are different and the nominated candidates will be evaluated accordingly:
- Sam Adjei Distinguished Public Service Award for leadership in evidence-based policy and health systems strengthening:
- their leadership of initiatives to strengthen health policy or systems in their particular context
- their application of health policy or systems research evidence to health systems strengthening or policy reforms
- their encouragement of linkages between the research, and policy or practice communities
- the significance of their work for population health.
- Award for Lifetime Service to the Field of HPSR
- their notable original research and/or conceptual and theoretical contributions in the field of HPSR and/or
- for leadership in the promotion, utilization or mainstreaming of HPSR and/or
- for outstanding leadership as an educator and/or mentor in the field of HPSR.
- Award for the Promotion of Health Policy and Systems Research: The Award Committee will consider such factors as the nominee’s involvement in public outreach initiatives, development or expansion of ideas, materials, and/or resources necessary for broadening the audience for and utilization of HPSR, among diverse constituencies. The activities may be national, regional or international. The committee will base its decision on:
- excellence in the promotion of HPSR to diverse non-scientific and scientific constituencies or
- utilization and appreciation of the work of the nominees by diverse non-scientific and scientific constituencies.
How to Apply
Nominations must be submitted electronically via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit this link.