Deadline: 30 April 2020
The Department of Science and Technology invites concept notes under ‘Science and Technology of Yoga and Meditation (SATYAM)’ for appropriate intervention of yoga and meditation to fight against COVID-19 and other similar kind of viruses.
The aim of this special call is to provide assistance to our society in today’s critical condition arises due to pandemic COVID-19. Since, this is a need based call; therefore, proposed work should be completed within 6-12 months.
The concept note should cover aims and objectives of proposed work, existing literature, methodology, expected outcome, budget requirement and details of host institutions along with detailed biodata of Principal Investigator with latest publications included in scientific journal databases.
The project may address any one of the following themes:
- Improving immunity
- Improving respiratory system and interventions to overcome respiratory disorders like COPD etc.
- Stress, anxiety and depression related issues due to isolation, uncertainty, disruptions in normal life, etc.
The concept notes are invited in following categories:
- Compilation of existing evidences: The aim of the proposal will be, to compile existing knowledge, protocols and best practices in the above mentioned areas available in Yoga and meditation in SCI only publications and make a critical assessment of the same based on the scientific evidences and analyses provided in these publications. This should also include a component of dissemination of knowledge in society through appropriate media.
- Development of protocols: The purpose will be, to develop specific protocols and modules of yoga and meditation in above mentioned areas based strictly on scientific approach with proper documentation. Existing protocols can also be refined or reframed in view of COVID-19.
- Pilot study: Short duration pilot study can be proposed based on previous experience in above mentioned areas by a team of scientists, clinicians and practitioners. The study needs to be scientifically designed, documented, open to scrutiny and employ scientific tools for validation or falsification.
Project Duration and Budget
As this would be short term pilot projects to combat or mitigate the effect of COVID-19 in society, therefore, the project duration will be up to 12 months with a maximum budget of 15 lakhs.
Teams of Scientists, clinicians and experienced practitioners of yoga and meditation who have proven track record in the field of yoga and meditation research are encouraged to submit concept note so that a large section of the society can be served with appropriate practices.
For more information, visit https://dst.gov.in/callforproposals/special-call-under-satyam-fight-against-covid-19