- Across the six-week programme, trainees will come together twice per week for training sessions that will comprise a blend of live group sessions, offline and group work, and time with expert speakers. Time will also be available for one-to-one sessions with TRF trainers.
- A forum will be created for continued discussion and networking between journalist participants and the Global Fund’s civil society partners participating in the parallel media training course.
- At the end of the course, participants will pitch story ideas for the opportunity to participate in a mentoring programme.
- Programme breakdown
- 6th September – 18th October 2021
- Two weekly sessions with TRF trainers, including online and offline segments featuring guest speakers, presentations, Q&A, exercises and group work.
- Weekly access to TRF trainers for additional mentoring tailored to individual needs.
- Short assignments and activities
- Participants should allow for 3.5 hours for the main weekly training session (Mondays) as well as 2 hours for an additional session for discussions and mentoring (Thursdays). They should also be prepared to invest an additional 2 hours per week for assignments and preparation.
- Applicants must be full-time journalists or regular contributors working for media organisations based in the following countries: Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria.
- Applicants should have a minimum of two years’ professional experience, and should explain through their applications why they will benefit from participation in this course, and how they plan to use the learning in their professional work.
- Once selected, applicants will also be asked to provide a letter from their editor supporting their participation in the programme, including a commitment to publish the story they will produce should they participate in the mentoring component of the course. This will only be requested by TRF once applicants have been selected for the course.
- Applicants must have access to a minimum internet speed of 1 MB/second. Applicants will also need access to a computer to participate in the training; participation from a mobile or smart phone will not be possible.
For more information, visit https://tmsnrt.rs/3wWBFP3