Nominations are now open for the Wellcome Career Development Awards to provide funding for mid-career researchers from any discipline who have the potential to be international research leaders.
They will develop their research capabilities, drive innovative programmes of work and deliver significant shifts in understanding that could improve human life, health and wellbeing.
Usually 8 years, but may be less for some disciplines and longer if held on a part-time basis
Where your host organisation is based?
What they Offer?
- a basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- continuing professional development and training
- materials and consumables
- equipment: If a complete piece of specialised equipment costs £100,000
- access charges
- travel and subsistence
Grantholder – £2,000 a year
Staff employed on your grant – £1,000 each a year
- overseas allowances
- fieldwork expenses
- inflation allowance
- open access charges
- clinical research costs
- public engagement and patient involvement costs
- contract research organisations
- other costs
- generating significant shifts in understanding
- developing methodologies, conceptual frameworks, tools or techniques that could benefit health-related research.
- During the award, they expect you to:
- develop your research capabilities and leadership skills
- support others to undertake research responsibly and promote a positive and inclusive culture
- start training the next generation of researchers and develop their research skills and careers.
For more information, visit https://wellcome.org/grant-funding/schemes/career-development-awards