The Elton John AIDS Foundation (EJAF) accepts grant applications for its different kinds of grant programs. One of them is Robert Key Memorial Fund. The applications for these grants can be accepted anytime with no specific deadline. The foundation seeks to fund frontline programmes that help to alleviate the pain – whether physical, emotional or financial – of those living with, affected by or at risk of HIV/AIDS, and to continue the fight against this worldwide pandemic so that no one is left behind.
Grants are open to organisations that can demonstrate an immediate, tangible benefit for individuals living with HIV. Up till now, the Foundation has supported 1,359 projects with total grant award £80 million.
Applications will be considered for awards of up to £10,000 per year on a rolling basis and may be for single or multi-year programmes.
The Foundation is committed to:
- No more discrimination
- No more new HIV infections
- No more AIDS deaths
- Applicant’s organization must operate in one of the programme countries mentioned below.
- Applicants must be a registered charity/not-for-profit/NGO that
- Must not exceed £10,000 per year
- Can be for 1 or 2 years in length
- Must provide an immediate and tangible benefit to People Living with HIV
- Proposals must be for a specific project and demonstrate a clear need for support.
- Types of programmes considered under the Robert Key Memorial Fund are:
- Small scale interventions or projects working with People Living with HIV
- Projects that fight stigma and discrimination against People Living with HIV
- Immediate services such as urgent care or medical interventions for PLHIV
- Types of programmes would not be supported under the Robert Key Memorial Fund are:
- Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT)
- Awareness raising/prevention
- Behaviour change
- Programmes that re-grant or provide sub-grants to other organisations
- General running/operational costs for your organisation
- Research Projects
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Botswana, Cameroon, Cote D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, China, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Russian Federation, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit Elton John Foundation.