Deadline: 28 June 2016
SAARC Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS Centre (STAC) invites nominations for SAARC Prize on HIV/AIDS 2016 under the Programme Cost Budget of Centre for the year 2016, which has been considered by the Fifty-first Session of the Programming Committee (Kathmandu 21-22 December, 2015).
The aim of the Prize is to honour citizen/s or organizations of South Asia for their exemplary work towards control and prevention of HIV/AIDS in the SAARC Region.
The SAARC Prize objectives are:
- To encourage individuals and organizations based in South Asia to undertake programmes and activities complementing and supplementing the efforts on HIV/AIDS Control.
- To honour outstanding contributions and achievements of individuals/organizations of the region in the fields of HIV/AIDS.
- To recognize any other outstanding achievements, not covered above, of individuals and organizations in the region whose work or contribution has benefited or inspired the country as well as the region.
The total Prize shall be US$ 2,000.00 (US dollar Two Thousand) and shall be presented by the Chairperson/Governing Board Member to the recipient from their respective country.
The following will be applicable for individual and organizations:
- Minimum 5 years of works on the subject/s (HIV/AIDS)
- Having contributed through innovation or extra -ordinary works done on the subject (HIV/AIDS).
The Prize shall be given to the individual/organization working/having worked in the following areas on HIV/AIDS:
- Clinical work/Patient care and support.
- Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization.
- Research Work
- Diagnostic/Laboratory works/Innovations
- Community empowerment
- Public Partnership Mix
- Human Resource Development
- Any other important areas
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit downloadable nomination form supported by the relevant documents.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
For more information, please visit SAARC Prize.