Deadline: 15 October 2018
Applications are now open for the 2018 “Liberty, Equality, Fraternity” Human Rights Prize of the French Republic, awarded by the French Prime Minister.
This Prize, created in 1988, is awarded in recognition and support for the completion of individual or collective projects carried out in the field, in France or abroad, regardless of nationality or borders, working to promote and protect human rights.
The 2018 Prize will be awarded in Paris by the Prime Minister, around 10 December 2018.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Five prize winners will be invited to Paris for the official ceremony.
- They will receive a medal and share a total sum of €70,000, awarded by the French National Consultative Commission on Human Rights and to be used to implement their projects.
- Five runners-up will be awarded a “special mention” medal by the French ambassador in their country of origin.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The non-governmental organizations or individual candidates, regardless of nationality or borders, are required to submit an application presenting their actions, conducted in France or abroad, for the promotion or protection of human rights and the project they would like to accomplish.
- Although the Declaration on Human Rights Defenders does not define the special qualification required to be a human rights defender – everyone may be a defender if they so wish and act as such – it does affirm in no unclear terms that defenders have a number of responsibilities which candidates must fulfil:
- Human rights defenders must accept the universality of human rights as defined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Human rights defenders must conduct non-violent actions in order to conform with the Declaration on Human Rights Defenders.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit their complete application at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit 2018 Human Rights Prize.